Thursday, March 15, 2012

DIY Skirt with Fluffy Back

Instructions 
  1. 1
    Step 1
    SKIRT
    I had a huge fabric, 150-70 cm maybe. I measured it, I wanted to keep the length of the skirt as 50 cm, I used the 20 cm left in order to hem the bottom and put the elastic band. I used almost all the fabric. I only left some piece from the long side in order to make the bow.
    First I hem the bottom of the skirt.
  2. 2
    Step 2
    Then I folded the fabric and sewed the short sides to eachother.
  3. 3
    Step 3
    I measured the top of the skirt according to the elastic I had. I used the widest I could find.
  4. 4
    Step 4
    I sewed the top according to the elastic band. I left 5 cm in order to put the elastic band.
    I measured the elastic band according to my waist, I put the elastic band in with the help of a safety pin, I sewed it.
    I closed the part that I left for elastic band.
  5. 5
    Step 5
    BOW
    I took a rectangle piece from the rest of the fabric. I didnt measure but it was something like 30-10cm, maybe a little bit bigger, depends on the skirt, depends on what you like.
    First I sewed the long sides, I turn it inside out and I sewed the short sides to eachother.
  6. 6
    Step 6
    I have found the middle point and sewed it in order to make the bow. I kept the stiches behind and in the middle.
  7. 7
    Step 7
    I made a a small piece for the middle of the bow.
    I didn't measure it again. I followed the same steps of the bow, I only sewed the short sides first, then the long sides :)
    I put the bow into the new small piece. I used a safety pin because the hole was very small :)I hid the stiches on the backside of the bow.
  8. 8
    Step 8
    BACK
    I gathered all the fabric on the back of the skirt. In order to keep the fabric there, I attached it with handsewing. I used one or two tiches for bot side of gathered fabric, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the elastic band :)
  9. 9
    Step 9
    Finally, I attached the bow on the back.
    The skirt is ready!
    Enjoy!








http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/easy-skirt-with-a-fluffy-back

No comments:

Post a Comment